Thursday, June 27, 2013

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my new research blog. My name is Dr. Kafui Monu and I am a researcher at the University of British Columbia. I have focused on representing human decision processes for information system analysis and in the last year I have been working in the domain of purposeful gaming. Purposeful gaming is the use of game and game-like applications for non-entertainment purposes. This includes simulations and "serious" games as well as new forms such as gamification. 

I got the idea for the blog months ago but teaching and research can really drag a guy down. With my class winding down and my papers pretty much finished (until I start the next two in a few days) I have a chance to start this little project. My plan is to carve out at least a few hours a week to post  about how I see purposeful gaming changing our world and current research that I am working on. I will most likely focus on my area: information systems, but also have thoughts on other areas of research such as communications, media, and business.

No comments:

Post a Comment